Rasberry Kombucha - Second Fermentation
- A bottle of already fermented, raw, unfiltered kombucha has been added in the kit for you to enjoy.
- I added 3 frozen raspberries, which will quickly turn white, as the tea absorbs the redness of the fruit.
- This bottle underwent second fermentation today.
- I also added a few raisins as an excellent secondary sugar source that doesn’t change the flavour.
- Store at room temperature and have a little taste every day until it it to your liking.
- By popping the bottle every day to taste it, you also ‘burp’ the bottle and release the pressure that build up during this second fermentation.
- When it is exactly how you like it, strain the flavouring ingredients out, re-bottle and place in the fridge to slow fermentation (usually no more than 3 days at room temperature is required)
- Once refrigerated, consume within 3 days, if it lasts that long :)
- Remember to only fill the swing-top bottle only 3/4 - 7/8 the way full, to allow some room for the air pressure to rise.
- Other flavours that are awesome include mango & passionfruit, apple & cinnamon, beetroot, lemongrass and orange & cloves.
For answers to any questions, please message me or leave a comment below to share the learning! (VPN may be required to see the comments feature).
Happy brewing and cheers to your health!
Other Links / Resources